Update on our postponed Film Festivals
in St Albans and Stockport
Due to the recent announcement by the Minister of Culture and the Prime Minister, it is definite that unfortunately our Stockport festival in October will need to be postponed along with our Film Quiz the night before. It is also clear that due to Covid 19 and social distancing guidelines and the laws on mass gatherings that we will not be able to reschedule our St Albans Festival of Film postponed in March until next year. We had hoped to hold a Christmas event, but with everything so uncertain, and with your safety in mind, we believe its much better to look at March next year for you all. But there is good news! We have secured a new date for both of these events with both venues these are:
St Albans 7th Festival of Film Sunday March 22nd 2020
NEW DATE Sunday 28th March 2021
Stockport 8th Festival of Film October Sunday October 4th 2020
NEW DATE Sunday 10th October 2021
Here are the options for ticket holders. I’m afraid due to social distancing rules and the increase in insurance, ticket prices for our events will be going up next year BUT NOT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ALREADY HAVE A TICKET. So the options for you are as follows:
- Let us know if you wish to transfer your tickets from this year to next year at NO extra cost and which festival of film you wish to attend. You can move to either event, if either is sold out you will be placed on the waiting list for returns. YOU WILL NOT have to pay any increase. You will be re-issued with new tickets and seat numbers.
- If you have Quiz tickets these can also be moved as we will be holding a Film Quiz with supper or Afternoon Tea in St Albans the day / evening before and Stockport the day / evening before. Again at no extra cost to current quiz ticket holders.
- You can use your physical tickets for either event as a credit note against any items on sale in our newsletters, including DVDs, Books, Merchandise etc, please include the tickets with your order form.
- If you really, really don’t want to secure a place at one of the best TV & Film History events of 2021 and a terrific day out – we will issue you with a refund. To do this you must return your physical tickets to us at:
Renown Pictures Ltd, PO Box 592, Kings Langley, Herts WD4 4DB.
Please include with your tickets a letter letting us know what you wish to do.
- You can always call us to discuss your options on our usual numbers:
0808 178 8212 or 01923 290555.
It’s been a very difficult decision for all of us, but it’s the best way to ensure everyone is safe and we all have something to look forward to next year!
Renown Pictures are delighted to announce another festival of film for 2020, at The Stockport Plaza On Sunday 4th October 2020 11AM to 7PM.
A whole day celebrating British Film & Television History from the 1930s to the 1970s, set within a beautiful and iconic cinema. With celebrity hosts and guests on stage, news reels, films, a variety of stalls and, of course, the organist!
FULL GUEST LINE-UP AND SCREENING PROGRAMME TO BE ANNOUNCED.
If you’re at a loose end before the film festival OR you just want to join us for a friendly quiz, come along and test your film and TV knowledge and enjoy a chat with like-minded people. Join us for an afternoon or evening of fun, film and prizes with afternoon tea or dinner – or why not stay for both? (It’s a different quiz each time.)
Stockport Masonic Guildhall
169 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3UA.
Phone: 0161 480 6531
Afternoon tea & film quiz £20 per person (1pm-4pm)
Dinner & film quiz £25 per person (7pm-10pm)
To book call FREEPHONE 0808 178 8212
This years festival tickets will be allocated, numbered seating. Please see the seating plan as a guide.
Tickets will be on a first come first served basis and will be sold from the front row backwards.
If you have a specific seating requirement, then please call us on our freephone number 0808 178 8212 as you will not be able to select seating when ordering on-line.
You will see from the seating plan that although your ticket numbers may not be numbered consecutively you will be seated together.
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE